Penelope Wilder is a writer, reviewer and avid reader of romance and erotic novels. She lives near Minneapolis, Minnesota with her husband and three cats. Her favorite thing to do at the end of a very long day is to curl up with her nook.
About Penny Reads Romance
Penny started Penny Reads Romance because she reads a lot. The opinions and comments expressed on this site and in her reviews are just that, and being written from her own perspective, and you may or may not agree with them, and that’s just fine. Feel free to share your own thoughts and opinions.
A Note from Penny on Mature Content
Some reviews on this site have been tagged or categorized as “Mature”. These titles may include commentary on books containing references to things like BDSM, M/M/F encounters, group sex, and books with more descriptive erotic encounters. Some paranormal romance books include sexual encounters between humans and non-humans, such as: aliens, weres, vampires, gods and goddesses, angels, witches, etc. If you don’t already have some understanding about the types of sexual encounters described above, and you are under the age of 17, maybe you should think twice about reading a review that’s been marked for mature audiences. Likewise, if you read a review, and you think the content of that particular book will make you uncomfortable, don’t read it. Use your own judgement.
(This policy is valid from December 17, 2011, last updated on November 12, 2015.)
The Federal Trade Commission has rules for Disclosure Compliance for online media. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service. Listed below are several ways I offset the costs of running and maintaining my blog.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- Some of the links on pennyreadsromance.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.
- All links to goodreads.com are not affiliate links.
- If I post an affiliate link to a book/product, it is something that I read, enjoyed and/or would recommend, even without an affiliate link.
- I sometimes review items that are sent to me for free. In addition to receiving books/e-books directly from authors and publishers, I also review books that I purchased with my money, borrowed from a library or through a book subscription service like Scribd, or received through third-party services such as NetGalley. All of my opinions regarding them are my own. I strive to only recommend books that I really enjoyed as a reader, and share information I believe would be of value to my readers.
- I also run ads through Adsense, of which I have some blocking control, but only if I know an ad that doesn’t fit the tone of PRR is there. Please let me know if you see any ads for political candidates, those don’t belong on here!
- When I run a giveaway, I usually have received a free book to review, and the publisher/author has sponsored a free book or e-book to give to one of my readers. All giveaways are provided directly to the winner by either the author, publisher, or someone in their employ. The review is my opinion, and no parts are edited or pre-approved by anyone other than myself. I am also not compensated for reviewing the book beyond providing me with a copy of the book for review.
- If I host a guest post from an author or blogger, I will not/ do not edit any of their content to include my own affiliate links.