Ratings & FAQ’s
How does Penny rate the books she reviews?
It’s like school! I grades the books I review, with a Grade of A-F. Some people go with stars, such as booksellers like Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Others go with scales of 1-5 or 1-10. I like A-F, which is also used by Entertainment Weekly and other amazing blogs like Dear Author. One of the other reasons for this is that I can add a + or – when deserved. That works better for me than half stars.
Book Review Ratings Categories:
- A: Loved it and is worth owning. (If it goes in this category- it also probably means that Penny will read it multiple times.)
- B: Good read. Worth reading for sure.
- C: Meh. Average… some things were good, some things were lacking.
- D: Not good. Glaring plot holes, horrible story, even worse grammar…maybe should be read if you need to survive captivity.
- F/ DNF: F=FAIL or DNF=Did Not Finish. I feel like this is pretty self explanatory. Don’t waste your time or your money.
Is Penny Wilder Your Real Name?
No. Penelope Jane Wilder is my pseudonym. Penny is not a fictional character, but writing under my pen name gives me the freedom to express things I would not be able to publicly express using my real name. I use Penny Wilder as my pen name for my romance fiction writing, as well as, as a reviewer. Plus it’s just better if my Mom doesn’t know how much I enjoy reading about 3-ways.
More FAQ’s Coming Soon!